Scotlist.biz – Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to website owners who are considering adding a listing to the Scottish directory Scotlist.biz, and to those who are considering registration and to all other users of the website.
By using this website you agree to these terms and conditions of use and further you agree that these terms and conditions may be changed by Scotlist.biz at any time.
Submission Guidelines for Inclusion
- Choose a relevant category. Your listing may be delayed if you submit it to the wrong category.
- It is important to write a brief summary of what your web site offers to let the visitor know why your site might be useful to them.
- Sites must have their own domain.
- Sites must be in the English language (or have an English version available).
- Sites must be up and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Directory list spamming is not tolerated and will result in your site/s being banned.
- Sites containing only banners or excessive pop ups or pop unders will not be accepted.
Note Our editors may move your submission to the most relevant category and modify mismatched site title and description text.
Listing options You may choose options ranging from FREE listing through to our best value fully featured listing, more details can be found on the Add URL page. Please explore the site prior to adding your listing and identify the best categories for your listing, choose the most relevant subcategories.
Free Listings and reciprocal link rules
Pending approval, we publish free listings as soon as they are added. We review all listings within after they are published, and any free listing not adhering to the following guidelines will be removed from our directory immediately
- If you submit a free listing we require that you a link back to our directory.
- Your link to our site must be on a page already indexed by Google
- Your link to our site must be on a page with less than 100 outbound external links
- Your link to our site must be active at all times. If your link is removed, that is flagged automatically by automated spider checks.
- Your link to our site must be from a page belonging to the domain name you are adding as a listing.
If any of the above free listing rules are not followed, your free listing will be removed.
Basic Listings Business owner must add appropriate amount of text and at least 1 photo / logo in order to be listed in as basic. If you fail to add text and minimum amount of photos we will be unable to promote your listing fully on social media.
Featured Listings Business owner must add appropriate amount of text and at least 3 photos / pictures in order to be featured. If you fail to add text and minimum amount of photos we will be unable to feature your listing or promote your listing fully on social media.
You may only use this website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations within the UK or other jurisdiction from which you are accessing this website.
In particular, you agree that you will not:
- post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via this website which is or may be harmful, obscene, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise illegal;
- use this website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of rights of any person or organization;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website or related infrastructure;
- use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this website including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses by whatever means;
- deface, alter or interfere with the front end ‘look and feel’ of this website or the underlying software code;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to any data that is confidential.
We reserve the right to deny you access to this website where we believe that you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusions – Scotlist.biz will not accept websites that
- are not available in the English language
- have little or no content
- contain non-unique content or content that is not original
- are not relevant to this directory
- have no contact information anywhere
- promote adult oriented 18+ content, media or equipment
- promote illegal activities, drugs, hate, terrorism, objectionable material
- are not genuine
We will use our discretion when considering each site for inclusion to the directory.
Note: Is your listing appropriate? We have all ages of viewers so you must keep your listings clean, as a guide anything rated for family viewing or the UK PG standard will be acceptable. We do not approve inappropriate websites of any kind, any listing considered inappropriate will be removed. If this happens to be a paid listing no refund will be given.
Voucher codes must be applied to your account before or during the “add listing” process, as such they are not available after you have added your listing.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The information found in this website is provided by Scotlist.biz “as is” and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied warranties with regard to the information, services and materials contained on this website. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the website or the information, products, services, or graphics contained within. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. All such information, services and materials are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind.
The use of this website enables you to link to other websites which are not under the control of Scotlist.biz the nature of the internet means we have no control over the the content, suitability or availability of any third party website accessed via Scotlist.biz. The inclusion of any listing or link in the directory does not imply any recommendation or endorsement. We do not guarantee any increase in web traffic or web based business transactions or any kind of results.
Limitation of Liability
While every effort is made to keep Scotlist.biz running smoothly we take no responsibility for and are not liable for the website being temporarily unavailable or permanently unavailable due to technical issues or any other circumstances beyond our control.
In no event will Scotlist.biz or it’s representatives be liable for any direct, in-direct, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damage resulting from the use of this website, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage including any loss or damage arising from loss of financial gain, data or profit, whether or not in the contemplation of the parties based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Content you post may include copyright protected , trademark protected or other proprietary materials, by using Scotlist.biz you grant Scotlist.biz permission to publish this information and grant Scotlist.biz a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right to exercise any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, database and any other associated rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. Ownership of content does not transfer it remains your (the content owners) property and it is your responsibility to manage and you may remove it at any time. You also agree to post accurate and up-to-date information you (the content owner) are fully responsible for your listings and for ensuring the accuracy of your listings, you warrant that you will not include misleading information and only post content that belongs to you or your business. If you are acting as an agent you warrant that you will only post content that has been approved by your client. By posting content on Scotlist.biz you accept that the content will be available in the public domain and therefore available to anyone to freely download or use. You revoke all and any liability for the security of the content and agree that Scotlist.biz cannot be held liable for misuse of any type including but not limited to identity theft or fraudulent actions undertaken by others who may find and use the content you post without your permission. (This content clause is required so that we can legally publish the information that you post.)
Copyright and trade marks
Scotlist.biz is a trade mark and brand trading name of S.S.E. this website is operated by or on behalf of S.S.E. All accessible material content found on this website is copyright © Scotlist.biz (SSE) All rights reserved. Material content includes text, images, music, video, source code and any other type of material content used to create the finished website product. No part of this website may be reproduced in any material form (including storing it in any medium by electronic means) without the written permission of the copyright owner.
User listings, text, images, trademarks are the property of and copyright of their respective owners, permission to reproduce any individual listing must be sought from the listing owner and Scotlist.biz.
Copyright exception: All material may be printed for personal or business use in a read only paper medium, any printed materials may not be reproduced for the purpose of financial gain. No alterations or additions may be made to any printed materials.
The Scotlist.biz website is based in Scotland and governed by the laws of Scotland and the United Kingdom any dispute or action arising in connection with this site will be determined in accordance with the laws of these countries.